Computer programmer, tech writer, podcast editor, consultant and audio/visual expert.
- Experienced Cord-Cutter and Consultant: Current Tivo DVR owner (since 1999). Experienced with Wi-Fi amplifiers and extenders. Experienced with Plex Media server programming. Contact me to cut hundreds of dollars from your Cable TV bill each year.
- A/V, Video & Podcast Editor: Chuck is the producer and editor of the AskTheBuilder podcast available at iTunes and other podcast services. Chuck has multi-year experience with advanced audio editing and YouTube video production using WireCast. Chuck wrote the Google Slides interface for Raspberry Digital Signage (2017).
- Certified by Google Chuck has a current certification (2018) from Google for knowledge of Advanced Analytics, Adwords Fundamentals, and Google Search Advertising
- Owner/Operator of BidRobot.com , the original last-minute bidding service for eBay, (est. 1998) which is detailed in all nine editions of the “eBay for Dummies” books. Chuck was formerly a certified eBay Developer and Trading Assistant.
- (SMS) Text Messaging: Current owner / programmer of an Internet service that sends automatic price alerts using phone text messaging (SMS).
- (2017) Amazon Echo / Alexa skill programming: Successfully completed Echo/Alexa training provided by Amazon.
- Web Programming & Project Management: 15 years experience with Web Design and programming, including MySQL, QR-code Integration, web marketing and advanced web analytics with split-testing. More than 20 years experience with Internet project and offshore outsourcing (since 1997)
- Book Mentions: Chuck Eglinton is a credited advisor in the best selling books, “Growing your Business With Google” by Dave Taylor and “Mad Genius: A Manifesto for Entrepreneurs” by Randy Gage.
- Internet: Chuck Eglinton is a consultant for MPGoMatic.com , AskTheBuilder.com, and several other popular websites.
- Interview: A 2005 Canada Assoc. of I.T. Professionals interview with Chuck Eglinton appears at this link in which he describes the upcoming technology of hybrid vehicles, DVRs, smart-phones, and electronic readers such as the Kindle and Android Tablet.
- Internet Communcations: Chuck Eglinton personally programmed the first personal computer application in the country to allow electronic communication of Automotive Industry Advanced shipping notifications via PC (in 1984).
- QR-codes & Barcodes: Chuck Eglinton personally programmed the first application in the country to be certified by the US Postal Service for printing postal barcodes on envelopes using a personal computer (in 1991).
- Financial Programming and Document processing: Chuck Eglinton personally programmed complex applications related to PCL, Rich Text Format (RTF) and PDF merge programming.wrote electronic document software for more than 100 clients in the financial industry
- Mensa: Chuck Eglinton is a member of Mensa and has presented technology topics at the National Mensa Annual Gathering.
- Military: Chuck Eglinton has an Honorable Discharge from the U.S. Coast Guard
- Linked In: Professional recommendations appear here at LinkedIn .