You can download Windows Photo Gallery (and all of Windows Essentials 2012) from either of the two links I’ve provided below. Microsoft removed official download links for Photo Gallery and Windows Essentials on January 10, 2017 when they ended support for this product.
What is in Windows Essentials 2012?
- Photo Gallery – Still works well, but consider switching to Google Photos
- Movie Maker – Not Needed since there are better choices since 2012
- Windows Messenger – Not needed; replaced by Skype, Google Hangouts, Periscope
- Windows Live Writer – Not needed since it’s an old blog-posting tool
- Windows Live Mail – Not needed since it’s an old mail client
- OneDrive – Not needed since OneDrive comes built-in with Windows 10
- Note that Photo Gallery and Movie Maker are in the same application, so you’ll get both even if you do not want Movie Maker. Be sure to UNCHECK everything except Photo Gallery so that the other applications aren’t installed on your computer.
DOWNLOAD Windows Essentials 2012 from either of the two links below. The setup file is 131MB and takes a few minutes to download:
How to install only Microsoft Photo Gallery
- After downloading the Windows Essentials 2012 Suite Full Installer, Click on the file to run it.
- To avoid installing the obsolete programs, select "Choose the programs you want to install"
- Be sure to UNCHECK all the program checkboxes
- EXCEPT for "Photo Gallery and Movie Maker"
- Click the "Install" button
That’s it! Once the installation is complete, "Photo Gallery" will be available with your other Windows Programs.